Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to Services provided by GEX Academy Pte Ltd (UEN: 201529371H) of 238A Thomson Road #13-09 Novena Square Singapore (307684) (“GEX Academy”, or “we” or “us”).
2. “Services” means the provision of the Online/Offline Course (“Course“) and together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you.
3. “Online Course” means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.
4. “Offline Course” means the delivery by us through offline means which you will be required to attend the course physically.
5. “You” means the individual purchasing the Services.
6. By clicking on the “Accept” button at the point of checkout to register for the Course (“Order”), the registered GEX Academy Courses (“Event”) at the date specified (“Registered Date”), you agree that this Agreement (“Agreement”) and these Terms and Conditions forms a legally binding contract between you and us (“Parties”).
7. Your payment entitles you to:
a. Attend the Event at the Registered Date;
b. Receive a copy of the materials to be provided at the Event (if applicable) (“Materials”),
8. While we will endeavour not to do so, we reserve the right to change the time, duration, and/or other details of the Event by notifying you in writing (including e-mail) or via telephone call of the changes(s) and informing you of the updated Event details and in such event, we will not, unless otherwise expressly stated by us and without prejudice to the other terms of this Agreement, offer or provide any refund to you or be liable to you as a result of such change(s).
9. Any request(s) to postpone or change your Registered Date to an alternate date (if applicable), must be made to the organiser in writing (including e-mail) at least 10 working days before your current Registered Date.
a. Postponements or changes to your attendance date made less than 10 working days in advance incurs considerable administrative and logistics charges to the organizers.
b. You agree to an administrative charge stated in Clause 13 for short-notice attendance date changes made less than 10 days in advance.
10. You shall pay us the Payment Fee for the Event as stated:
a. In one lump sum on the signing of this Agreement by you, without any set-offs or deductions whatsoever; or
b. In instalment payments in the amount(s) (each and “Instalment Sum”) and on such dates that such instalments payments are due (each an “Instalment Payment Date”) as stated, the first instalment payment being payable on the signing of this Agreement by you, in each case without any set-offs or deductions whatsoever.
11. Payments made under this Agreement must be made by the means specified in this Agreement.
12. If you do not pay to us the 1-time payment or any Instalment Sum by the payment date for such sum:
a. All monies owing by you to us shall immediately become due and owing and must be immediately paid to us without any set-offs or deductions whatsoever and without the need for any further demand;
b. You acknowledge that you shall not be entitled, and shall not make any claim for any refund of any amount that you have paid to us as of that date; and
c. You further acknowledge that this Clause 11 is an essential term of this Agreement.
13. You agree to and acknowledge the refund policies stated in Clauses 15 and 16 below.
14. You agree that an administrative charge for attendance date changes requested less than 10 working days (as stated in Clause 8) of minimum $150, up to a maximum of $300.
15. Any additional bonuses, classes (online or offline), and services are not part of the Event, and are provided for as additional goodwill services to you by us.
16. This contract will be voided if you advise us in writing within 3 days of submitting your Order that you no longer wish to register for the Event, and we will refund you the monies after deducting a 10% administrative and transaction costs. After this 3 days period, there will be STRICTLY NO REFUNDS.
17. STRICTY NO refund requests will be entertained upon your physical attendance of the first morning of the Event (i.e. from Event commencement to the end of the first lunch break) or after attending an equivalent duration otherwise, and/or after you are given access to our online membership portal.
18. 12 months (1 year) validity from you submitting your Order to register for the Event. We reserve the right to forfeit any amount that you had paid if you fail to attend the Event after 12 months.
Special Scholarship (Applicable for Global Enlightened Millionaire (GEM) or Mencius Advanced Property Investment Course)
19. You will be refunded your full Payment Fee if you are able to demonstrate, with justification to our full satisfaction, that (1) you have acquired a property within 12 months of attending the Event, and that (2) you are able to achieve annual double-digit percentage returns on that property in accordance with our principles and format taught to you during the Event.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, in order to qualify as a participant of our Special Scholarship and stand a chance to be awarded a full refund of your Payment Fee, you agree that we shall have full discretion to decide whether or not to award you with a refund on your Payment Fee. You also agree that our decision is final and shall not be subject to appeal. You further agree that the Payment Fee shall only be refunded to you upon your presentment to us of your payment receipt for the Event.
30-Days 100% Money Back Guarantee (Applicable for Global Enlightened Millionaire (GEM) Course)
21. You will be refunded your full Payment Fee if you have done the following: (1) Attend and actively participated 100% of the program (2) Attend and actively participated in ALL of the booster sessions and value-added classes (3) Attend and actively participated in ALL of the property case study sessions (4) Make FULL USE of ALL the LIVE All-Access Workshops. You further agree that the Payment Fee shall only be refunded to you upon your presentment to us of your payment receipt for the Event.
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funded Course
22. Trainee attending SSG Funded is required to complete at least 75% attendance and assessment to be eligible for SSG Grant i.e ETSS, MCES and Basic
23. GEX Academy will collect payable course fees after SSG Grant with the understanding that you will make every effort (including ensuring that training grant is submitted timely and attendee passing any compulsory assessments during the Event) to ensure the claim is successful. In the event that attendee fails to pass the assessment or for any reason is unable to claim the grant/funding from SSG, we reserves the right to collect the outstanding course fees (eligible funding amount by SSG) from you.
24. You agree to and acknowledge that all information provided to us in the registration forms are accurate for us to complete the grant/funding from SSG. In the event that the information submitted to us is found to be inaccurate, the actual amount payable may be higher than the amount quoted. In such scenario, we reserve the rights to collect the outstanding course fees (eligible funding amount by SSG) from you.
25. If you (self-sponsored) submits a claim to use your SkillsFuture credits but did not attend the course, we will refund the credits to SkillsFuture and bill the claim amount to you.
26. Upon registration, you must complete payment of payable fees and submit their grant application to SSG in order to confirm their seats. We reserves the right to release the your reservation if you fail to pay the net course fees or complete submission of subsidy claim at least 7 days before the start of the Event.
Transferring Tickets, Changes
27. You will be able to transfer your registration for the Event to a nominated attendee, subject to you notifying us in writing (including e-mail) at least 14 working days before the Event and providing us with the nominated attendee’s full contact details.
28. Should you/your nominated attendee wish to change your/his/her registration to another program, seminar, workshop, training or event (“Substitute Event”) conducted by us of a higher event fee, this will be allowed provided that the difference in the event fee is topped up, and other applicable terms and conditions of the Substitute Event complied with. Should the Substitute Event be of a lower value, the difference will not be refunded, reimbursed or exchangeable for any other products, services or cash.
Intellectual Property (IP)
29. You agree and acknowledge that all the rights and interests to all the intellectual property relating to the Materials, the Event and/or developed or arising therefrom (“Intellectual Property”) belong to us (and/or the Event presenters) and you shall not in any way, directly or indirectly, copy, reproduce, sell, supply, make available or otherwise deal with or use (except for purely personal purposes) the Materials of the Intellectual Property.
Release, Indemnity, Limitation of Liability
30. To the furthest extent allowable by law:
a. You release and indemnify us, our employees, servants, agents and service providers from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, compensation, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever in any way arising out of or resulting from your attendance or participation in the Event including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for injury, loss or damages to you, anyone else or to any property, unless the same was caused by our gross negligence and recoverable on that ground following judgment of a competent court of final jurisdiction;
b. We exclude all terms, conditions and warranties implied by custom, usage, general law or statute, or which cause any part of this Agreement to be void (“Excludable Term”);
c. We limit our liability to you for breach of any Non-Excludable Term to the total amount actually paid by you under this Agreement;
d. In any event, we limit our liability to you for any claim (whether arising in contract, tort, statute or otherwise) for loss or damage suffered by you in relation to the performance of the Event to the total amount actually paid to you under this Agreement, and
e. In any event, we exclude all liability for any consequential damage (including but not limited to, lost revenue or lost profit) suffered by you in any way relating to the Event or your exercise of rights under this Agreement.
31. Force Majeure: if any performance of the Event is prevented or cancelled because of an act of God, an inevitable accident, fire, blackout, flood, or any other calamity, or by any reason of strikes or lockouts, or any other events beyond our direct control, then we may at our option postpone or cancel the performance of the Event, and in the event of such cancellation, provide a refund of any payment made by you.
32. The non-exercise of or delay in exercising any of our powers or rights does not operate as a waiver of such powers or rights, nor does any single exercise of any power or right preclude any other or further exercise of it or the exercise of any other powers or rights. A power or right may only be waived in writing, signed by us to be bound by the waiver.
33. Should any provision of this Agreement be determined to be unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable or in conflict with any rule, statute or regulation the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions or parts thereof will not be affected.
34. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties. Any prior arrangements, agreement, representations or undertakings are superseded.
35. A person who is not a Party shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.53B) to enforce any terms and conditions of this Agreement.
36. This Agreement is governed by the laws of Singapore and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
37. We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions by notice in writing.